top of page
TRON KIRK GILMERTON AND MOREDUN
A History of Tron Kirk, Gilmerton and Moredun
The Tron Church was built here in Moredun in 1952 after the congregation we are named after the original Tron Kirk on Edinburgh’s Royal Mile after the members and leaders decided to relocate to Moredun away from the city centre to serve the needs of a new community being build on greenfield sites in farmland near little France in South Edinburgh. Moredun Tron was born out of their sacrificial desire to give up a prestigious site in Edinburgh’s beautiful High Street in favour of going to serve that brand new community of Moredun filled with prefab houses and a large number of young families.
bottom of page